The Kedarkantha winter trek
The Kedarkantha winter trek
Duration : 6 Days 5 Nights
The Price : ₹11,999.00
Max People : 10
Start Location: Rishikesh, Tapovan
Age Range : 17+
Total Seats : 10/10
The Kedarkantha winter trek is a popular trekking destination in Uttarakhand, India. It offers stunning views of snow-covered mountains, dense forests, and picturesque landscapes. Here are some key details about the Kedarkantha winter trek:
Duration: The trek usually takes around 5-6 days to complete, including travel to and from the base camp.
Best Time to Visit: The Kedarkantha winter trek is primarily done between December and April when the region is covered in snow. The winter months offer a unique and mesmerizing experience.
Difficulty Level: The trek is considered moderately challenging, suitable for beginners as well as experienced trekkers. It involves walking on snowy terrain, ascending steep slopes, and adjusting to the cold weather conditions.
Trek Route: The usual trek route starts from Sankri village and passes through scenic locations such as Juda ka Talab (a frozen lake), Kedarkantha Base Camp, and the summit of Kedarkantha peak at an altitude of around 3,800 meters.
Accommodation: During the trek, you will typically stay in tents or basic guesthouses/campsites. It’s advisable to carry a warm sleeping bag and appropriate winter clothing to ensure comfort during the cold nights.
Permits: You will need to obtain a trekking permit from the Forest Department, which is usually arranged by the trekking operator or guide.
Places You’ll See :
Day 1: Rishikesh to Sankri (Approximately 200 km | 8-9 hours)
- Start your journey from Rishikesh, which is the base for the trek.
- Drive to Sankri village, the starting point of the Kedarkantha trek.
- Enjoy the scenic drive through the beautiful valleys and charming villages of Uttarakhand.
- Overnight stay in Sankri, either in a guesthouse or tents.
Day 2: Sankri to Juda ka Talab (Approximately 4 km | 4-5 hours)
- After breakfast, begin your trek from Sankri.
- Trek through dense pine forests and meandering trails.
- Reach Juda ka Talab, a serene lake surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
- Set up your camp near the lake and spend the night there.
Day 3: Juda ka Talab to Kedarkantha Base Camp (Approximately 4 km | 3-4 hours)
- Wake up early to witness the beautiful sunrise over the snow-covered peaks.
- Start your trek towards Kedarkantha Base Camp.
- The trail gradually ascends through forests and meadows, offering stunning views of the Himalayas.
- Reach Kedarkantha Base Camp, set up your camp, and rest for the night.
Day 4: Kedarkantha Base Camp - Summit - Hargaon (Approximately 7 km | 6-7 hours)
- Begin your trek early in the morning to reach the summit of Kedarkantha.
- The trail involves a steep climb, but the breathtaking views from the top make it worthwhile.
- Spend some time at the summit, enjoying panoramic views of snow-clad peaks.
- Descend to Hargaon campsite for an overnight stay.
Day 5: Hargaon to Sankri (Approximately 6 km | 3-4 hours)
- After breakfast, start descending towards Sankri.
- The trail takes you through dense forests and scenic landscapes.
- Reach Sankri by afternoon and relax at the guesthouse or camps.
- Overnight stay in Sankri.
Day 6: Sankri to Rishikesh (Approximately 200 km | 8-9 hours)
- After breakfast, depart from Sankri and drive back to Rishikesh.
- Bid farewell to the mesmerizing mountains and beautiful landscapes.
- Arrive in Rishikesh by evening, where the trek concludes.
Please note that the duration and difficulty of the trek can vary based on weather conditions and individual fitness levels. It's always recommended to check with a local trek operator or guide for the most up-to-date information and to ensure a safe and enjoyable trekking experience.