The Price : ₹4,999.00
Total Seats : 10/10
Kausani is a beautiful hill station located in the Bageshwar district of Uttarakhand, India. It is situated at an altitude of 1890 meters above sea level and is known for its breathtaking views of the Himalayan ranges, including Trishul, Nanda Devi, and Panchachuli. The town is surrounded by thick pine and deodar forests and offers a peaceful and serene atmosphere.
Kausani is famous for its tea estates and offers a perfect blend of natural beauty, culture, and history. The town is also known for its temples, such as the Sumitranandan Pant Museum, which is dedicated to a famous Hindi poet, Sumitranandan Pant. The museum has a collection of his works, photographs, and personal effects.
The town is also known for its trekking and hiking trails, including the Kausani-Adwani trek, which is a moderate level trek that takes you through beautiful forests, waterfalls, and scenic mountain views.
For adventure enthusiasts, there are also opportunities for rock climbing, paragliding, and camping.
Kausani is also a popular destination for tourists looking for a peaceful and serene holiday. The town has a variety of accommodations, including resorts, guesthouses, and homestays.
How To Reach
- By Air: The nearest airport is Pantnagar Airport, which is around 140 km from Kausani. From there, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Kausani.
- By Train: The nearest railway station is Kathgodam railway station, which is around 130 km from Kausani. From there, you can take a taxi or bus to reach Kausani. By Bus: Kausani is well connected by road with major cities in the state. There are regular bus services from major cities like Delhi, Haldwani, Almora, and Nainital.
- By Car: Kausani is well connected by road and can be easily reached by car from major cities like Delhi and Haldwani. The drive is scenic and offers beautiful views of the Himalayas.
- Please note that, during monsoon season, the road can get slippery and landslides can occur, so it's best to check for any road closures or disruptions before planning your journey. It's always a good idea to plan your journey well in advance and to book your accommodation and transportation accordingly.
Kausani is surrounded by beautiful mountain ranges and offers several trekking options for adventure enthusiasts. Some nearby treks are:
Some of the popular trekking routes in Kausani include:
Sumitranandan Pant Gallery to Adwani: This is a moderate trek that takes you through beautiful meadows, dense forests, and small villages. The trek is around 6 km and takes around 4-5 hours to complete.
Kausani to Chaukhamba View Point: This is a moderate to difficult trek that takes you through beautiful meadows, dense forests, and small villages. The trek is around 20 km and takes around 2-3 days to complete.
Kausani to Pindari Glacier: This is a moderate to difficult trek that takes you through beautiful meadows, dense forests, and small villages. The trek is around 42 km and takes around 4-5 days to complete.
Kausani to Milam Glacier: This is a moderate to difficult trek that takes you through beautiful meadows, dense forests, and small villages. The trek is around 80 km and takes around 7-8 days to complete.
Please note that It's always a good idea to check the weather forecast, and to inform someone about your plans before you embark on the trek. It's also a good idea to hire a guide, who will provide valuable information about the trail and the local area, and they can also help you with logistics and safety.
- Arrive in Kausani and check-in to the hotel or resort
- Afternoon visit to Kausani Tea Estate and Sumitranandan Pant Gallery
- Evening at leisure
- Overnight stay in Kausani
- Early morning trek to Chaukhamba View Point
- After the trek, return to the hotel or resort
- Check-out from the hotel or resort
- Departure from Kausani
- Bike Tour
Got a Question?
- Aamkhala, near hotel aloha, Tapovan, Rishikesh, Uttarakhand 249192