Dasrath Ka Danda Trek
Dasrath Ka Danda Trek
Duration : 2 Days 1 Night
The Price : ₹3,999.00
Max People : 15
Start Location: Rishikesh, Tapovan
Age Range : 15+
Total Seats : 15/15
Dasrath Ka Danda is a prominent trekking destination located in the Uttarakhand region of India. Situated amidst the scenic beauty of the Himalayas, Dasrath Ka Danda offers breathtaking views, serene landscapes, and a thrilling trekking experience. Here’s some information about Dasrath Ka Danda:
It is indeed evident from the name of the trek that this place is connected to the renowned King Dasaratha from the epic Ramayana. You might have heard the story of King Dasaratha and Shravan Kumar. This place is associated with that story. It is said that when King Dasaratha was near the River, He accidentally shot an arrow that hit Shravan Kumar. Since Shravan Kumar’s parents were blind, he had gone to fetch water for them from the river. Unfortunately, he lost his life there, and hence this place is known as “Dasaratha’s Arrow.” The spot where Shravan Kumar met his fate is known as Nolichhara.
You can explore the area and witness some ancient remnants related to King Dasaratha. You can also visit Khetutpada, where Shravan Kumar’s parents stayed. Engaging in conversations with the locals will provide you with fascinating stories and insights connected to this place, making your experience enjoyable and enriching.
Location: Dasrath Ka Danda is located near Rishikesh in the Uttarakhand state of India. It is nestled in the Garhwal Himalayas, surrounded by dense forests, meadows, and snow-capped peaks.
Trek Difficulty: The trek to Dasrath Ka Danda is considered moderate to difficult, suitable for experienced trekkers. It involves steep ascents, rocky terrains, and challenging trails. Proper fitness and acclimatization are essential.
- Scenic Beauty: Dasrath Ka Danda offers mesmerizing views of the Himalayan ranges, including snow-capped peaks and lush valleys.
- Wildlife and Flora: The region is known for its diverse flora and fauna. Trekkers may come across rare Himalayan flowers, birds, and occasional wildlife sightings.
- Tranquil Environment: Dasrath Ka Danda provides a serene and peaceful environment, away from the hustle and bustle of city life.
- Panoramic Views: From the summit of Dasrath Ka Danda, trekkers can witness panoramic views of the surrounding peaks and valleys, offering a sense of accomplishment.
- Cultural Experience: During the trek, trekkers can interact with local villagers, learn about their traditions, and experience the local culture.
Duration: The duration of the trek to Dasrath Ka Danda can vary depending on the chosen route and trekking pace. Typically, it takes around 2-3 days to complete the trek, including acclimatization and rest days.
Best Time to Visit: The best time to visit Dasrath Ka Danda is during the summer months of April to June and the autumn months of September to November. The weather during these periods is generally pleasant and favorable for trekking.
It is important to note that trekking in Dasrath Ka Danda requires proper planning, trekking gear, and experienced guides. It is recommended to undertake the trek with a reputable trekking agency or experienced local guides who are familiar with the region to ensure safety and enjoyment throughout the journey.
Places You’ll See :
pawki devi temple
1Pawki Devi Temple
Dasrath Ka Danda
2Dasrath Ka Danda
- Start your trek from Pavki Devi Temple in the morning.
- Trek for 8 kilometers, enjoying the scenic beauty and diverse vegetation along the trail.
- Take breaks to rest, hydrate, and appreciate the surroundings.
- Arrive at the base camp by afternoon
- After Lunch, begin your trek towards Ranakot Ghaas Meadow, covering a distance of 12 kilometers.
- Trek through the beautiful pine and rhododendron forests, experiencing the unique ambiance they provide.
- Reach Ranakot Ghaas Meadow by afternoon and take some time to rest and enjoy the panoramic views.
- Start your return trek from Ranakot Ghaas Meadow back to the base camp.
- Arrive at the base camp by evening and spend the night there.
- Wake up and enjoy the serene morning at the base camp.
- After breakfast, start your trek back to Pavki Devi Temple, covering a distance of 8 kilometers.
- Take breaks along the way and appreciate the natural beauty.
- Reach Pavki Devi Temple by afternoon and conclude your trek.
Please note that this itinerary can be adjusted based on your preferences and the actual conditions on the ground.