Chopta Trekking Adventure
Chopta Trekking Adventure
Duration : 4 Days 3 Nights
The Price : ₹8,999.00
Max People : 10
Start Location: Rishikesh, Tapovan
Age Range : 15+
Total Seats : 10/10
Chopta, also known as “Mini Switzerland of India,” is a small scenic village located in the Rudraprayag district of Uttarakhand, India. Situated at an altitude of approximately 2,680 meters (8,790 feet), Chopta is surrounded by the majestic Himalayan peaks and offers breathtaking views of snow-clad mountains, lush green meadows, and dense forests.
Here are some key details about Chopta:
- Trekking Destination: Chopta serves as a base for various treks in the region. The most popular trek is the Tungnath and Chandrashila trek, which takes you to the highest Shiva temple (Tungnath) and offers panoramic views from the Chandrashila summit.
- Natural Beauty: Chopta is renowned for its natural beauty and serene environment. The region is adorned with dense forests of rhododendron, oak, and deodar trees, which add to the charm of the place. During spring, the meadows come alive with vibrant flowers, creating a picturesque landscape.
- Tungnath Temple: Chopta is famous for the ancient Tungnath Temple, dedicated to Lord Shiva. It is the highest temple of Lord Shiva in the world and attracts devotees and spiritual seekers from all over. The trek to Tungnath is relatively easy and offers stunning views of the surrounding peaks.
- Chandrashila Summit: The Chandrashila summit is located near Tungnath and offers breathtaking panoramic views of the Himalayan ranges. From the summit, you can witness prominent peaks like Nanda Devi, Trishul, Kedar Peak, and Chaukhamba. The trek to Chandrashila is moderate in difficulty and is a popular choice among adventure enthusiasts.
- Bird Watching and Wildlife: Chopta is a haven for birdwatchers and nature enthusiasts. The region is home to a variety of bird species, including Himalayan monals, pheasants, and eagles. Wildlife enthusiasts can also spot musk deer, barking deer, and various other Himalayan fauna in the surrounding forests.
- Camping and Accommodation: Chopta offers camping facilities and a range of accommodation options, including guesthouses, hotels, and homestays. Camping in Chopta allows you to experience the serenity of the place and the starry nights in the lap of nature.
- Accessibility: The nearest major town to Chopta is Ukhimath, located at a distance of around 29 kilometers. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, approximately 220 kilometers away. Rishikesh is the closest railway station, situated about 210 kilometers from Chopta.
Chopta is a year-round destination, with each season offering a unique experience. Summer (April to June) provides pleasant weather for trekking and sightseeing, while winter (November to February) blankets the region with snow, making it a popular destination for winter treks and snowfall enthusiasts.
Places You’ll See :
Day 1: Arrival in Rishikesh
- Arrive in Rishikesh, a renowned spiritual town in Uttarakhand.
- Check into a comfortable hotel and rest.
- Spend the day exploring the local attractions, such as the Laxman Jhula, Ram Jhula, and various ashrams.
- Enjoy the evening aarti (prayer ceremony) at the banks of the Ganges River.
- Overnight stay in Rishikesh.
Day 2: Rishikesh to Chopta
- After breakfast, depart from Rishikesh and drive towards Chopta, which is approximately a 6-7 hour journey.
- Enjoy the scenic beauty of the surroundings as you pass through picturesque valleys and charming villages.
- Arrive in Chopta, known as the "Mini Switzerland of India."
- Check into a guesthouse or campsite and relax.
- Enjoy the tranquility and natural beauty of the place.
- Overnight stay in Chopta.
Day 3: Chopta - Tungnath - Chandrashila - Chopta
- Start early in the morning for the trek to Tungnath, the highest Shiva temple in the world.
- Trek through the serene forests, enjoying the breathtaking views of the snow-clad peaks.
- Reach Tungnath and visit the ancient temple.
- Continue the trek to Chandrashila, the summit located at an altitude of 4,000 meters.
- From the summit, witness panoramic views of the Himalayan ranges, including Nanda Devi, Trishul, and Chaukhamba.
- Descend back to Chopta and relax.
- Overnight stay in Chopta.
Day 4: Chopta to Rishikesh
- After breakfast, check out from the guesthouse or campsite in Chopta.
- Drive back to Rishikesh, capturing the beautiful landscapes en route.
- Arrive in Rishikesh and bid farewell to the serene Himalayas.
- Drop-off at the desired location in Rishikesh or at the railway station.
What is the best time to visit Chopta?
Chopta can be visited throughout the year, but the best time to visit is during the months of April to June and September to November. These months offer pleasant weather and clear views of the mountains. Winter months (December to February) are popular for snowfall and winter treks.
How can I reach Chopta?
The nearest major town to Chopta is Ukhimath, which is well-connected by road. The nearest airport is Jolly Grant Airport in Dehradun, and the nearest railway station is Rishikesh. From these points, you can hire a taxi or take a local bus to reach Chopta.
Are there any accommodation options in Chopta?
Yes, there are various accommodation options available in Chopta, including guesthouses, hotels, and campsites. You can choose to stay in a guesthouse or hotel for a comfortable stay or opt for camping to experience the beauty of nature up close.
What are the popular treks in Chopta?
The most popular trek in Chopta is the Tungnath and Chandrashila trek. It is a moderate trek that takes you to the highest Shiva temple (Tungnath) and further to the Chandrashila summit, offering breathtaking views of the Himalayan ranges. There are also other treks in the region, such as Deoriatal trek and Rohini Bugyal trek.
Is it necessary to hire a guide for trekking in Chopta?
It is not mandatory to hire a guide for trekking in Chopta, but it is recommended, especially if you are not familiar with the area or have less trekking experience. A guide can provide you with valuable information about the trek, ensure your safety, and enhance your overall trekking experience.
What should I carry for a trek to Chopta?
For a trek to Chopta, it is advisable to carry essential items such as trekking shoes, warm clothes, rain gear (depending on the season), a backpack, water bottle, snacks, a first aid kit, sunscreen, sunglasses, and a camera. It is important to pack light and carry only necessary items.
Why Book With Us?
- Easy Payment Options
- Streamlined Itinerary
- Expert Guides