Roopkund (locally known as Mystery Lake, Skeletons Lake) is a high altitude glacial lake in the Uttarakhand state of India. It lies in the lap of Trishul massif and is famous for the hundreds of human skeletons found at the edge of the lake. The area is uninhabited, in the Himalayas at an altitude of 5,029 metres (16,499 feet). Surrounded by rock-strewn glaciers and snow-clad mountains, the lake is a popular trekking destination.
A shallow lake, having a depth of about two meters, Roopkund has attracted attention because of the human skeletal remains that are visible at its bottom when the snow melts. Researchers have concluded that the skeletons are the remains of people killed in a sudden, violent hailstorm in the 9th century.Because of the human remains, the lake has been called Skeleton Lake in recent times.
For More detail about Roopkund Trek Visit This link
ROOPKUND TREK WITH PAHADITOURS
PLEASE FIND BELOW COMPLETE DETAILS OF TREKKING IN ROOPKUND
- Day 1: Arrival At Rishikesh, Drive to WAN village from Rishikesh
- Day 2: After long hours of traveling we arrive at Wan Village, Overnight stay in WAN.
- Day 3: WAN to BEDNI BUGYAL via Ali Bugyal. Overnight stay in BEDNI BUGYAL campsite.
- Day 4: BEDNI BUGYAL to BHAGWABASA. Overnight stay in BHAGWABASA campsite.
- DAY 5: BHAGWABASA to Roopkund LAKE. Overnight stay in Patar Nachuli campsite.
- DAY 6: Patarnachuli to WAN. Overnight stay in WAN.
- Day 7: WAN to Rishikesh.
Experienced and qualified guides, accommodation and food arrangements, trekking equipment.
Please feel free to revert if you have any queries/suggestions.
Thanks & Regards
Support Team- Pahaditours